Education and training
- MBBS, Dr. S.N. Medical College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- MD Internal Medicine, Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur
- Senior Residency, Rheumatology, King George Medical University, Lucknow, UP
- DM Clinical Immunology , JIPMER, Puducherry, India
By God’s grace, I have had the opportunity to train, extensively and exclusively, in Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, at some of the best institutes in India. I did my basic Rheumatology training in India with stalwarts like, Dr. VS Negi (JIPMER), Dr. S J Gupta (Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi ), Dr. Anupam Wakhlu ( KGMU, Lucknow)My desire now is to bring what I feel is, the state of the art Rheumatology & Immunology Care. My goals are to establish Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology services in a prestigious hospital/ institute, which includes advanced laboratory services,arthroscopy and referral for joint replacement. Our services also includes a great deal of critical care, nephrology, dermatology and laboratory services. These services will be of the first kind to be commenced and will also cater for adjoining states like Haryana, Western UP and Madhya Pradesh. In due course of time, I also plan to introduce office new concepts and technology, to include: MRI and musculoskeletal ultrasound in routine clinical practice. In short, my ambition is to provide the best Rheumatology Care to Indians as well as international medical tourists, who are looking to India at this juncture.
- Post MD: 8 Years
- Rheumatology: 5 Years
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Musculoskeletal MRI
- Crystal Arthritis
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Singh BK, Paul Antony, Verma SK, Basu D, Negi VS. Anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) in a patient with systemic onset juvenile arthritis: case report and review of literature. International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 2014 (Epub ahead of print, In press).
- Panneer Devaraju, Reena Gulati, Bharat K Singh, Mithun CB and Vir S Negi. The CTLA4 +49 A/G (rs231775) polymorphism influences susceptibility to SLE in South Indian Tamils. Tissue Antigens, 2014 (Epub ahead of print, In press).
- Singh B K, Kumar S, Jhanwar S, Jain S ,Thanvi I, Haldia KR, Mathur A. Assessment of Pulmonary Functions and Effect of Co Morbid Conditions in Community Dwelling Elderly. (Journal of The Indian Academy of Geriatrics, 2006; 3:101-106).
Manuscripts submitted for publication:
- Bharat K Singh, Mithun CB, Sadish K and Vir S Negi. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and infections: Review
- Bharat K Singh, Mithun CB, Sadish K , Hemant Shewde and Vir S Negi. Glycemic effects of intra-articular steroids in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis: comparison between diabetic and non diabetic patients.
- Singh BK, Sahu JP, Mithun CB, Negi VS. Klinefelter’s Syndrome and Rheumatoid arthritis: Case report and review of literature.
- Bharat K Singh, Vikramraj K Jain, Mithun CB, Sadish K , Hemant Shewde and Vir S Negi. Assessment of adrenal reserve in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Singh BK, Jain VK, Gulati Reena, Negi VS. Early onset Sarcoidosis / Blau Syndrome: Masquerading as Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis.
- Morbidity & Mortality profile of elderly population admitted in tertiary care ICU in western Rajasthan, APICON, Mumbai, Jan 22-25, 2005.
- Evaluation of the effect of intraarticular steroids (IAS) on blood glucose levels in non diabetic rheumatoid arthritis patients, 28th IRACON Nov 30-Dec2, 2012 Ahemdabad, India.
Reviewer in indexed peer reviewed journals
- Indian Journal of Rheumatology.
- International Jouranl of Rheumatic Diseases.
- Journal of Clinical Rheumatology.